Terms and Conditions
1. $100 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit is required to book and secure your event date.
2. Client agrees to pay invoice by the due date(s) specified. Unpaid or overdue invoices may result in cancellation of booking or no reservation.
3. Payment will be made to Laura's Sweet Surprise via Zelle (firstname.lastname@example.org), cash or by an alternate payment method determined by Laura's Sweet Surprise. If payment should be made via credit card, a 3.3% fee will be added to the total cost of service.
The remaining balance on the contract is due 7 days before your event date.
Non-Payment & Cancellations:
1. Notifications of cancellation must be made at least 5 days prior to the due date. The retainer is non-refundable. However, you will have no monies owed to Laura’s Sweet Surprise. If client requests cancellation of this contract, notification of cancellation must be made at least 5 days prior to the due date. The retainer is non-refundable, and the caterer shall be entitled to the full deposit. However, you will have no monies owed to Laura’s Sweet Surprise.
*Special requested items purchased specifically for your order will be deducted from your refund*
2. If your balance is not paid 7 days before your event date, caterer reserves the right to cancel services. Please note, the retainer is non-refundable.
Rush Fee: A 25% rush fee will be added to your total balance, if requested less than 5 days before the event date date.
1. The date of your final balance is the final date for any changes in design, quantity and toppings. Any changes requested after this date cannot be guaranteed and may be subject to additional charges.
Delivery & Set-up:
1. Delivery and set up charges are included in the total price of the order. When coordinating your services, please allot for 45 – 60 mins for setup and 30 minutes for breakdown.
2. Travel fee is based on the total trip distance at the cost of $1 per mile; including travel to the location and back from 77083. This fee will be added to the amount due at time of event.
3. The client is responsible for providing at least 2 stable electrical outlets for our services. All services require 2 SEPARATE stable electrical outlets for the machine and bottle warmers. If Nutella or Cookie Butter are not topping choices, then only 1 stable electrical outlet would be needed. We request to not share the outlet with others to avoid blowing the breaker. Kitchen outlets are preferred. 20amp receptacle or (2) 15 amp plugs on separate circuits are required, as our equipment pulls 18amps. Failure to provide will affect the outcome of our services.
4. Designated catering space or parking space with sufficient room must be provided. Must be a leveled surface for pancakes to cook properly.
5. If the event is outdoors, an electrical outlet must be provided and must also be under a covered area. We understand that Houston weather can be very unpredictable, however, if it is predicted to rain/thunderstorm, we would require to be indoors. This is for the safety of our staff and guests, and to preserve the quality of our table and equipment.
1. Laura’s Sweet Surprise will provide you with the best product and service we can provide. However, Laura’s Sweet Surprise will not be held responsible for anything that should happen to the pancake servings once the guests have received them.
2. We guarantee to provide the number of servings per your requested package size. However, we understand that there are times when additional servings are needed to accommodate the number of guests at your event. If we have extra batter, we will be happy to provide additional servings at an additional cost.
1. It is the clients responsibility to ensure guests get their pancakes during the allotted serving time. In addition, Laura's Sweet Surprise is not responsible for guests who get multiple servings which may cause another guest not to get their servings. (Note: 50 servings = 50 pancake trays w/ 5 pancakes each, which is allotted for 50 people)
Laura’s Sweet Surprise may photograph your event. We reserve the right to use any photographs for our own reference or for display and/or promotion without compensation to you.
1. Laura’s Sweet Surprise products may contain or come into contact with milk, wheat, nuts, soy, and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk for any allergic reactions. Please note our products are NOT MADE IN A NUT-FREE KITCHEN. This food is made in a home kitchen and is not inspected by the Department of State Health Services or a local health department.
2. Laura’s Sweet Surprise is not responsible for any allergic reactions to guests consuming the product.
**No refunds or exchanges will be given**